Wednesday 21 November 2012

Learning tip 1: Make a top-ten mistakes/errors list

Last Saturday we had a good laugh at using "he/him" to refer to Beatriz. This is a very typical mistake among Spanish learners of English as even many advanced learners still mix up "he" and "she".


 I was wondering if you have already put my suggested top-ten mistakes/errors list into practice. All you have to do is write the mistake/error down (e.g. "mix up "he" and "she"") and specific examples where you did it.

Have a great week and see you on Saturday.

Raul.

2 comments:

  1. My top-six mistakes list is:

    a) use sensible instead sensitive

    Example: My mum is a sensible person, she cries when se sees emotional films

    b) people is instead people are, because sometimes I translate people as gente

    Example: Here people is very bad-tempered

    c) I´m agree instead I agree because I speak with my spanish-mind

    Example: I´m agree with you

    d) Listen without to in some cases because I consider is not necessary

    Example: I listen a lot of music

    e) Mix work and job

    Example: Well done, we´ve had a good job

    f) Put word advice as countable instead an uncounable noun

    Example: They give me an advice (instead give me a piece of advice)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for sharing your top-ten list, Daniel.

      Delete

Dear students,

Please leave your comments here.

Best regards,

Raul.